- 16 March 2017 – Great interview on BBC Norfolk today discussing Castle of the Eagles. From 40:50) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tlt83
- 16 March 2017 – Fun interview today discussing the Castle of the Eagles character “The Unkillable Soldier” on BBC Oxford (from 1:40:00) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v317k
- SUB-LIEUTENANT ADAM BERGIUS DSC: Sad news is the passing on 3rd March 2017 of one of the last men involved in the XE-Craft operations against the Japanese in 1945, former Sub-Lieutenant Adam Bergius. He was a diver on HMS XE-4, and was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his gallantry. A lovely man whose conversations and letters aided me enormously with researching The Sea Devils. A true British hero!
- 10 March 2017 – Lovely time on The Tony Fisher Show, BBC Essex, this afternoon. From 02:11:10
- DIARY DATES: I shall be appearing shortly on the following radio shows discussing Castle of the Eagles:
BBC ESSEX – The Tony Fisher Show on 10 March at 2pm
BBC OXFORD – The Kate Orman Show on 16 March at 11.45am
BBC NORFOLK – TBA
- 7 March 2017 – Nice piece on the Essex connection of Castle of the Eagles in the East Anglian Daily Times. http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/international_film_stars_eyeing_up_role_of_essex_brigadier_hero_1_4915154
- 2 March 2017 – Soldier magazine awards Castle of the Eagles “Pick of the Month” and a 5-star review! Middle Aged Officers’ Prison Break Revealed
- 1 March 2017 – Great piece on the release of Castle of the Eagles in the Eastern Daily Press: Norwich writer publishes 20th book
- 25 February 2017 – Telegraph Q&A piece on Castle of the Eagles http://books.telegraph.co.uk/Product/Mark-Felton/Castle-of-the-Eagles–Escape-from-Mussolinis-Colditz/19634300
- 23 February 2017 – Castle of the Eagles is published! Available from all good bookshops!
- 17 February 2017 – Had a great time recording an interview for Dublin City FM‘s Book Bound discussing Castle of the Eagles. Broadcast next week.
- 15 February 2017 – Great morning at the Muckleburgh Collection in North Norfolk researching the types of vehicles that will be appearing in my next book Ghost Riders, published by Da Capo in 2018. Its the thrilling story of how a small US Army cavalry reconnaissance unit saved the world’s most famous horses in the dying days of World War II.
M24 Chaffee light tank
Jeep (called a “Peep” by the recon guys)
My favourite – the M8 Greyhound Armoured Car – the main vehicle of US Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadrons
M24 Chaffee – a big 75mm gun on a little tank, but thin armour compared with the Sherman beside her. Not much use against most late war German tanks!
- UPCOMING EVENT: I shall be appearing on the Tony Fisher Show, BBC Essex on Friday 10th March at 2pm discussing my new book Castle of the Eagles.
- 7 January 2017: “10 Questions with …Dr. Mark Felton” in The Norwich Evening News
- 6 December 2016: Up at Holkham Beach in Norfolk today exploring some of the settings used in one of my favourite books and war films: The Eagle Has Landed –
(Below) Sutherland as Liam Devlin, signalling the Dakota full of German paratroopers from the dunes on Holkham Beach:
- 5 December 2016: The Film Programme with Heather Cartwright link: https://soundcloud.com/user-635770695-453964501/the-film-programme-november-2016
- 25 November 2016: Tune in to Colne Radio on Sunday 27th November at 1pm to The Film Programme with Heather Cartwright where I will be discussing the film adaptations of Castle of the Eagles and Zero Night. Link: http://www.colneradio.com
- 23 November 2016: News on the development of Zero Night: https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/sa/newsroom/news/2016/in-160907-production-investment-announcements
- Yolanda Ramke to write screenplay for Zero Night
- 3 November 2016: Lovely article in the Eastern Daily Press: http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich_writer_nabs_second_hollywood_adaptation_deal_1_4761191
- 28 October 2016: Great article on Castle of the Eagles in the East Anglian Daily Times http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/author_mark_felton_bowled_over_by_second_hollywood_book_adaptation_deal_1_4750791
- 25 October 2016: At the fantastic Norfolk Tank Museum today.
- 10 October 2016: Nice piece in my hometown newspaper, the Colchester Gazette: http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/14789704.Hollywood_film_producers_snap_up_another_book_by_Colchester_author/
- 4 October 2016: Essential Media has renewed its option on Zero Night as the movie project continues to develop.
- 3 October 2016: Very pleased to announce that Castle of the Eagles, my forthcoming escape drama, has been optioned by Hollywood giant Entertainment One for feature film development.
- 27 September 2016: Filming at home today in Norwich with French channel RMC Découverte.
- 4 August 2016: New cover design for Castle of the Eagles – echoing those great military thrillers of the ’60s and ’70s.
- 21 July 2016: At the RAF Museum at Cosford (even better collection than the one at Hendon!). Thrilled to see my favourite WWII aircraft, the Focke-Wulf FW 190, up close and personal.And my second-favourite, the Hurricane!
- 21 June 2016: Interviewed on the Mark Forrest Show on BBC Radio about the history of the George Cross in light of the public campaign to award one to the pensioner who tried to save MP Jo Cox. From -0:25:43 – Mark Forrest Show
- 16 June 2016: Excellent and informed review of The Sea Devils on the forces website Navy Net: Navy Net – Royal Navy Community
Mysteries of World War II presented by Dr. Sam Willis.
- 4 June 2016: Very enjoyable day speaking at the Loughton Festival about the private world of Adolf Hitler. Many thanks to the organisers and to all who attended!
- 27 May 2016: I was a guest on the Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2 today discussing President Obama’s controversial visit to Hiroshima. Full interview from 07:00: The Jeremy Vine Show
- 18 May 2016: Fantastic review of The Sea Devils in the Australian News Weekly – Book Review
- 17 April 2016: Watch Mark discussing The Great Escape, Operation Valkyrie and other fascinating WWII dramas in Top Tens of Warfare, Episode 7: Secrets – Quest TV
- 27 March 2016: Watch Mark in Top Tens of Warfare, Episode 4: Vessels – Quest TV
- 27 March 2016: First peek at the fantastic cover for my new book Castle of the Eagles – due November 2016 in the UK & US
- March – April 2016: Watch Mark in the new 10-part Discovery Channel series Top Tens of Warfare on Quest, Sundays at 10pm
- 30 January 2016: Very enjoyable speaking engagement discussing Zero Night in Chelmsford, Essex
- 8 November 2015: Nice review of Zero Night in the Australian magazine News Weekly: The Warburg Wire Job
- 28 October 2015: Interview on BBC Three Counties Radio with host Iain Lee on unexploded German bombs in Britain Iain Lee
- 20 October 2015: Brilliant audio version of The Sea Devils released, read by actor Mark Meadows (from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus). The Sea Devils Audio Download
- 28 September 2015: Very good review of Zero Night in The Gulf News, the Middle East’s main English-language daily: Zero Night
- 13 September 2015: Check out a great review of The Sea Devils in The Sydney Morning Herald Short reviews of non-fiction from Australia and overseas
- 3 September 2015: Watch Mark in the new American Heroes Channel documentary Evolution of Evil: Tojo Evolution of Evil
- 3 September 2015: Fantastic review of Zero Night in The Wall Street Journal: Wall Street Journal
- 3 September 2015: East Anglian Daily Times feature on The Sea Devils: Hollywood author
- 30 August 2015: Nice review of Zero Night in the Galveston, Texas Daily News: Zero Night
- 24 August 2015: Fun day filming a new History Channel documentary Combat Trains, episode on Hitler’s special train, the Fuhrersonderzug
- 24 August 2015: Zero Night receives a rave notice in The New York Post: This week’s must read books
- 17 August 2015: Interviewed on BBC Essex about The Sea Devils: Tony Fisher Show BBC Essex
- 14 August 2015: Interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live discussing VJ Day (from 1:17:00) Stephen Nolan Show
- LATEST 30 July 2015: The Sea Devils has been released in the UK! THE SEA DEVILS: Operation Struggle and the Last Great Raid of World War Two
- DIARY DATE: On Monday 17 August I shall be a guest on The Tony Fisher Show on BBC Essex. Tune in at 2pm to hear me discussing my new book The Sea Devils
- 16 July 2015 – nice review of Guarding Hitler at War History Online Guarding Hitler
- 18 June 2015 – fantastic review for The Sea Devils in Eye Spy Magazine
- 8 June 2015 – Zero Night has been nominated for the prestigious 2015 Kirkus Prize for Non-Fiction
- 8 June 2015 – fantastic Kirkus review of Zero Night: In this exciting book, Felton has captivatingly captured the bravery of the prisoners.
- 1 June 2015 – in London today filming a new Discovery Channel documentary “Evolution of Evil” on wartime Japanese leader General Tojo, airing in the US later this year
- 15 May 2015: ‘Three Minutes of Mayhem’ – BBC Radio Documentary on Zero Night
- 12 May 2015: Interviewed on BBC Three Counties Radio, from 50:00:
- 8 May 2015: Filming a BBC documentary on Zero Night
- 27 April 2015: BBC Radio Essex Interview
- 23 April 2015:
Being interviewed for the forthcoming Discovery Channel documentary series “Mad Science: Nazi Killer Bugs” onboard a German U-boat in Bremerhaven
- 6 April 2015: Daily Mail